1. Can I rent the gallery to exhibit my own artwork?
No, TAG Gallery is not available for art exhibitions unless you apply to our CA Open Juried Exhibition Show in August or apply for General Membership at TAG Gallery.
2. What is the maximum capacity?
125 standing, with a bar and a few cocktail belly bars; 70 seated with dining tables or living room furniture; Amount and size of tables - maximum of 7 - 60" round tables, each wil seat 8 -10.
3. What amenities are available?
Restrooms: There is a restroom in the back of the gallery available for people in charge of the event, only. For guests, the restroom is located a short walk across the parking lot from the gallery, under the letter "B."
Refrigerator: Full refrigerator is available for use.
4. Is the gallery ADA accessible?
Yes, there is a ramp outside of our building for entry purposes. The second level of the gallery has stair access only.
5. Must a TAG Gallery representative be present at the time of the event?
Yes, the hourly fee is included in the rental quote.
6. What are the hours the Bergamot gate is open and closed daily?
Hours: Opens at 7:00 a.m., Closes at 10:00 p.m. but people can exit. These times are changeable on occasion.
7. How early can set up begin?
Monday: Anytime; Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00 p.m.; Sunday: 4:00 p.m.
If you need an earlier set up time, please contact us.
8. How flexible are we for events to set up and shut down?
Gallery is closed on Mondays, but the space is available for events. Preparation can begin around 4:00 p.m. on Sundays, 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday through Saturday unless an earlier time has been approved by the gallery. Latest an event can go: Preferable 11:00 p.m. If event must go longer, this can be discussed.
9. Can the artwork be removed from the walls?
No, the artwork is to remain on the walls at all times during the event. Artwork cannot be replaced by personal artwork.
10. Is there any control over which artists' work is being displayed?
No, but you are able to look at the exhibition schedule to find out which artists will be displayed at the time of your event.
11. What are the capabilities for placing rental event materials (e.g. catering truck, cooking, decorations, signs)?
In the front of the gallery-- outside on the stairs/walkway in front of the gallery and in the parking lot.
In the back--The back room is a shared space so the access is minimal. The bathroom area has an industrila sink and small counter top space. The back area underneath the stairwell can be used for minimal storage with proper consent; on Michigan Ave. with a permit.
12. What is TAG comfortable with in terms of catering?
Appetizers only, standing 125; Sit down dinners/lunches-max 70
For Sit down dinners, TAG also charges a flat rate for cleaning fees. Cooking must be done outside of the gallery on Michigan Ave. The back door leads to Michigan Ave. The rental company would need to secure a Conditional Use Permit from the City of Santa Monica.
13. What precautions must be made for an event?
Conditional Use Permit from City of Santa Monica the cooking must be done on the grass outside on Michigan Avenue. For more information and how to apply, please click here.
Generators- For cooking/large kitchen work and serious Audio/Visual needs.